Monday, March 21, 2016

Simply more Nutritious Popcorn...

We love popcorn. Like its on our menu at least 2-3x a week. I make it with pastured butter and Celtic sea salt, drizzled with my nut butter(recipe on the blog) and sometimes I sprinkle with nutritional yeast! It's amazing.

A couple of years ago, I came across an article about the benefits of multi-colored popcorn. I had never even seen this stuff other than on that beautiful Indian corn during thanksgiving. After finding this out, I've never gone back to traditional popcorn...plus it looks super amazing in a mason jar! It's simple really;

It has more antioxidants!!! I was so surprised to hear that a good, organic picots is loaded with nutrients and actually protein too! It's a natural whole grain(gf) and has great fiber!! All good popcorn has these benefit but the multicolored has more. 

And also, stay away from microwave popcorn which doesn't do anything good for you! Same with movie theater popcorn. Get a good air popper and make it like the good ol' days. Your kids will love it...and so will you!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment