Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Simply Sea Salt Brownie

Well, it might not be on the 21 Day Fix "approved" list...but it sure is amazing. And you are cooking from stratch, using whole, fresh ingredients. So while I don't suggest eating these everyday...balance is key to life. Enjoy life. Savor it! 

These brownies are a family favorite. 

Boxed brownies used to be a craving for me...especially hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream! But after reading over the ingredients, I was curious if I could recreate them and still keep all the yumminess.

I love chocolate. Kind of a chocolate snob. It became my mission.  I was so surprised how EASY it was to make brownies from stratch. After several tweaks, I came up with this. Sea salt changes EVERYTHING!  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup sugar OR 1/2 cup honey
2 farm fresh eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa 
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar. Then add one egg at a time. Vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients in a seperate bowl and add to the creamed butter batter. Mix well. 

Grease 8x8 pan and add batter.

Cook for 18-20 minutes. Do NOT overcook.

Chocolate frosting 

3 tbsp softened butter
3 tbsp cocoa 
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powder sugar

Mix all together until smooth and frost brownies while they are still warm!

Enjoy! Let me know how much you love them!!



No comments:

Post a Comment