Saturday, April 12, 2014

Simply Natural Lawn Care(Be Gone Evil Mosquitoes)


 It is that time of year again. Those evil little biting bugs are hatching and are everywhere. Especially in our backyard because it is near our creek. Mosquitoes LOVE water. I HATE mosqitoes. No option, they have to go. All of the other bugs too. Don't laugh when you read this. As crazy as it sounds, this natural lawn cocktail works! We have been using it every spring on our lawn, garden area, landscaping for years. This year I added 10 drops of both lemon and eucalyptus essential oil for added protection, but it was worked like magic without them. All you need are 3 ingredients and a sprayer. 


1 12oz Beer (not light)-I always use the cheapest I can find ;)
1/2 cup of dish soap
1/2 ammonia 

I mix this all together in a mason jar. This should be mixed with 10 gallons of water. We have a 1 gallon sprayer, so I divide into tenths. Double if you have a large area. It won't hurt anything. Not even your kids or pets!  It is non-toxic. 
So here is to greener grass and no blood sucking pests! CHEERS!

3 comments:

  1. Wesley's Landscape and Lawncare provides landscape, lawn care and lawn maintenance services to Westfield and Carmel, Oasisindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice post! Please tell us when I will see a follow up!
    Commercial Lawn Maintenance

    ReplyDelete