Saturday, April 21, 2012

Simply BBQ Sauce...

Remember my first post, when I said "our family is a steak, potato and loaded salad type of family." Well, I wasn't lying. I also said that, even though we try to stay away from processed foods, it is still a "process" and we aren't fully there.  That being said, we had some out of this world BBQ Pork (our homegrown pork) Spareribs! They looked and smelled so good, I forgot to take a before picture of the ribs  I guess I got a little excited when my 8 year old said "lets get dirty and eat some ribs!" You can see the half eaten ribs in the background...the salad*** was just as good! Also, I cut up some sourdough bread and brushed it with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, sea salt, cracked pepper and fresh thyme. Broiled on high for about 3-4 minutes.
This homemade BBQ sauce goes great on any meats! Throw it on while your BBQ, throw it on shredded meat, throw in the crock pot, use it for "dippin' sauce", use it however you like...but trust me it is gooooodddd! This recipe makes a lot. I cut it in half and we still have plenty left over.  Too bad we don't have any of those ribs left over.

Simply BBQ Sauce
2 cups organic ketchup

1 cup Water

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup Organic brown sugar

1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic

2 tsp Dijon mustard

1 tsp liquid smoke

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Throw it all in a pan, cook on med-high until it begins to boil.  Taste and add more of whatever you like...we like it just like this!


PS...Just for the record, the Gambles boys DO NOT make a habit out of eating shirtless :)


***Salad-Organic Arugula lettuce, shredded organic carrots, quartered cucumber, organic cherry tomatoes and some organic mozzarella cheese. Tossed with a homemade balsamic vinegar (recipe to follow soon).



No comments:

Post a Comment