Thursday, September 17, 2015

Simply Chasing Rainbows


✨Several months ago it was just finishing up raining. I was having a "I want to quit" moment. Nothing made sense. Doors were being slammed in our face. Things seemed so close, yet they had for years. I was done.✨

Cam called me out to see a rainbow. I didn't care that it was one of the most beautiful rainbows I had ever seen, I wanted to curl up into a ball, be a victim and quit. But I went out because, well he made me 😒 It was beautiful and grand and bright! Cam told me to chase it. Hahaha! Why?!? His answer still wrecks me.

✨"Because Jen, if you chase a rainbow long enough, hard enough and passionate enough-you might just catch it"✨

Something inside me stirred. So I did! I jumped on our old Dodge and drove down that old country road. I just HAD to catch that rainbow. I knew it was right there. But I didn't. When I got to the perfect place to take the perfect picture-it had faded😭 upon returning home, Cam asked if I caught it. NOPE(life story!) again he said;

✨Jen, well keep chasing them and one day you will!✨ It was enough to get me through that tough day and through many more tough days. I'll never forget those words he said. 

So this morning as we walked outside and saw the double rainbow, perfectly arched touching our land, both sides. My breathe was taken away. We did it...

🌈We caught a rainbow🌈

No comments:

Post a Comment