Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Simply Homemade Orange Julius


It may be fall y'all, but here on the ranch it is a blazing 98 degrees!!! Good gracious! This afternoon, I was desperate to cool down and I knew the battle of the "after school snack" was knocking quickly at the door. After picking up the kids down the lane, I needed to make a quick run into our cute little country town for ice and water as we are still waiting test results back on our spring water. I contemplated a quick drive through smoothie for the kids..but you know they are LOADED with sugar. Every once in a while is fun, but with Dad away...I decided to skip the sugar high! I grabbed a couple ingredients at the store for half the price of 5 smoothies and headed back to the ranch. 

This is always a winner with my kids! Plus it is packed with vitamin C, protein and omegas. You can even added some chia or flax seeds for an extra nutrient kick! When we have fresh farm eggs, I'll throw a raw one in too...oh now things are getting real! My Orange Julius is low in sugar AND they beat both  the price and decliousness of the Mall version. Win! Win! Win! 

Gamble's Orange Julius 

3 cups ice
4 peeled large oranges
2-3tbsp of raw local honey or pure maple syrup 
1tsp pure vanilla 
1 pinch of sea salt 
3-4 cups of organic milk
Blend, throw in a mason jar with a straw and ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment