Thursday, July 2, 2015

Simply Homemade Ranch


Great victory in the Gamble kitchen the day I was finally able to come up with a homemade ranch dressing, and let me tell you...it is G.O.O.D! I am very particular about ranch. The taste. The texture. The consistency. The aftertaste. I have stuck with Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch packets for years, quite happy with our little faithful dressing. But a much hesitated glance at the ingredients in my little friend a couple years ago...let's just say I started researching fast!  
I remember when I first started experimenting, much to my surprise and delight, I found several that sounded yummy...I took the plunge! I took the ingredients I liked from 2 separate recipes, threw them in a quart mason jar and shook it until it was all mixed. 
Now for the test. I opened the jar and to my delight, the smell of that delicious ranch met my nostrils. The taste? PERFECT or a least better than what I thought!  I was so excited I ran out to my husband's office and made him taste the wonderful dressing I had just created! Victory! I was in shock! After all of those months of not wanting to sacrifice my favorite dressing, I had just used fresh, health promoting, non processed ingredients(with the exception if I didn't make the first two from scratch!) I simply made ranch...YES! 

Here is what I did:

In a quart mason jar, I threw in:

1 cup buttermilk(I used organic buttermilk, but plan to start making my own from our raw milk)
1 cup plain organic sour cream OR greek yogurt
1/3 cup mayo
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1/4 tsp 100%  celtic sea salt
2 tbsp fresh chives
2 chopped green onions
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
dash of paprika(optional)
dash of cayenne pepper(optional)
grounded peppercorn to taste

Shake until combined and then enjoy...on salads, dips, pizza, everything!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment